We’re making a change here at EraseDisease.com. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects of heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I want to shift our focus to the more positive traits that people who fight these illnesses possess. Living a happy and healthy live starts right now, with Cardio Juvenate (our arginine supplement for a healthier heart) and you! So get happier and healthier!
A Happier, Heart Healthier You
On this Independence Day weekend, let’s take a look at how you can remove dependency to unhealthy lifestyle habits and adopt healthier ones. Check out these 10 amazing tips to living a heart healthier, happier life!
1. Set Goals – It might sound more like a business tip or marketing advice, but setting goals in your everyday routine and week can actually make you happier. As you are moving forward towards these realistic, heart healthy goals, you will feel fulfilled and more satisfied. If you heart healthy daily goal is to consume less salt, work towards that goal throughout the day and congratulate yourself when you achieve it. If your heart healthy goal is to eat fish twice a week, commit to that goal and hit it. Consider more heart healthy goals such as taking daily walks, getting to the gym at least 3 times a week, making every meal count towards your healthy diet, and/or spending more time with family and friends.
2. Family and Friends – It has been scientifically proven that maintaining healthy relationships with friends and family can improve not only your outlook on life, but your heart health as well. Emotionally connecting with family and friends, laughing and even venting is good for your heart. Humans are not solitary creatures, and by preserving supportive, healthy relationships with friends and family you are well on your way to a happier, healthier life.
3. Be Childlike – Out of all the research that we’ve done here at EraseDisease.com, we’ve found that literally acting childlike can improve your heart health and can lead you to a happier life. Of course we don’t mean throw temper-tantrums or avoid doing the responsible things like paying bills. But, we do mean practice childlike awe, be silly, play, recapture magic in your life and remember what it was like to simply be in the moment and free again.
4. Listen To Your Heart – I truly believed that if we all just listened to our hearts a little bit more, the world would be a happier place. Of course, be logical and responsible, but don’t always let your head win the conversation. If you’re heart is telling you that our arginine supplement, for example, is working, keep doing it. Take a moment and ask yourself, “what do I want?” Listen to your heart, and let your head figure out the logical ways to make it happen. But remember, sometimes there is no logical explanation, such as in situations of love, yet you should still go after it.
5. Love – It has been scientifically proven that love can save your life, and take your life. There is such a phenomenon as Broken Heart Syndrome, and subsequently there is the opposite where love and happiness can improve your heart health. The key to finding and keeping love is to let go of preconceived notions of what love and the perfect relationship is. Love is not perfect, and there is no perfect partner, but if you can find true love, a kind of love that makes you laugh and cry, hold on to it because it just might save your life!
6. Be Still – Sometimes the best thing that you can do to live a happier, healthier life is to simply be still. Whether you’re meditating, doing yoga, or simply sitting on the swing in the backyard, be still, be quite, and enjoy the moment you’re in. Being still is powerful, and silence is a mighty tool to allow your heart to relax, your mind to settle down, your breathing to steady and slow, and your body to detox.
7. Do Not Procrastinate – If you’re anything like me, you do everything at the last possible second. From work tasks, projects, family chores, even vacations, I wait until the last possible second to get it done. Everyone who is an expert on happiness and health will tell you that this is a horrible habit that causes more stress, more frustration, and more work then you need. You can avoid all of the drama by simply getting it done now. Trust me, living in the present and getting what needs to get done NOW instead of tomorrow will take a great deal of pressure off of your heart and will lead to a happier life.
8. Practice Gratitude – Happy, healthy people are thankful for every single thing that comes their way. They count their blessings, literally, by writing them down or even praying for them every night. By bringing your thankful thoughts to the forefront of your mind, you will feel happier – it’s that simple.
9. Exercise and Eat Right – This is not just a plug for Cardio Juvenate and heart healthy living; it’s a proven way to live happier. Exercise, yoga, even a brisk walk around the block helps to clear your head, release stress, and trigger endorphins that are well known for lifting spirits. Eating the right foods, preferably heart healthy foods with arginine on the side, will help your body function more efficiently thus leaving you feeling freer, lighter and happier.
10. Take a Vacation – Seriously, kick your feet up, sit by the ocean, walk through the woods, or go on a thrill ride, but get away from the norm. Did you know that 459 million vacation days go unused on average each year, according to the FDIC. And even when we do go on vacation, 66% of us still work!
I am one of those vacation-workers, and to be honest it leaves me feeling like I didn’t get to experience the full freedom of being on vacation. I usually end up feeling guilty for working, but if I don’t work I feel just as guilty. It’s a lose-lose situation. BUT, that is where you have to change your mindset and change your entire views on vacation.
Allow yourself to take a vacation and free your mind from the confines of everyday life, work, and stress. It will make you a far happier person, and far healthier as well.
What did I miss? What makes you feel happier and healthier? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook!