Approximately 4.5 million Americans are affected by Alzheimer’s disease, which causes suffering not only for the patient, but their families as well. This is because Alzheimer’s is a disease in which a person suffers from severe memory loss and intellectual deterioration that usually effect elderly people.
1. Arginine is good for your heart health because it has been clinically shown to reduce blood pressure, but it has also been clinically shown to improve the contributing factors of Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Your blood needs to properly flow throughout the body in order to constantly supply your body with the nutrients and oxygen it needs. A good way to ensure that this happens is to make sure that your body is not lacking L-arginine. This means that L-arginine helps assists with providing healthy and proper blood flow to your brain.
3. Research has shown that L-arginine helps benefit the release of the human growth hormone, which is created by the pituitary gland, which reduces the signs of aging and increases the memory function of the brain.
4. Nitric oxide is formed in the brain through the oxidation of the amino acid L-arginine. Once the nitric oxide is formed it will then relax the muscles of the arteries that supply blood to your heart.
5. Cerebral edema is an excess accumulation of water in the brain and research has shown that after a brain trauma, L-arginine reduces the formation of edema.
6. L-arginine has been shown to clean out the vessels in the frontal lobe, where memory is stored, and possibly help reverse the effects of not only Alzheimer’s disease, but dementia as well.
7. A common and safe dosage for arginine is 2 to 3 grams three times a day. Doctors recommend that people with burns, protein malnutrition, infections, and other conditions may need to take an arginine supplement.
8. It is important to now that research has shown that most people who take arginine have little to no side effects at all.