It is important that for good heart health, single or married, you keep your stress levels down, which in return will keep your blood pressure down, leading to less of a risk for heart disease or other heart problems. Studies over the recent years have shown that unmarried men and women were more likely to have higher blood pressure, making them more prone to a heart attack or other heart diseases. Exercising and eating healthy are of course the obvious ways to good heart health, but believe it or not, being married is a natural way to lower blood pressure.
1. Doctors believe that married people have healthier lifestyle habits and more support when it comes to health, than unmarried people. Doctors believe that a healthy married couple can naturally lower blood pressure instead of relying on medications.
2. With married couples they have more assistance and support when it comes controlling each other’s stress levels, which is a natural way to lower blood pressure. High stress levels can lead to high blood pressure, which is not good for your heart.
3. Along with the helping each other control your stress levels, partners will also encourage one another to go to the doctor regularly, as well as encourage each other to eat healthier.
4. It is also known that being married offers a good support system when it comes to trying to quit smoking. Quitting smoking is a great natural way to lower blood pressure and help improve your overall health.
5. Being married means that you always have an exercise partner. Exercising regularly during the week 20 to 30 minutes is a natural way to lower blood pressure. There are many types of exercising that can lower your blood pressure, such as yoga, riding bikes, a brisk walk, anything that gets your heart rate going.
Not being married does not mean that if you are single you can’t lower your blood pressure naturally. However, research does show that being married helps with lowering blood pressure naturally because there is a constant support system.