There are medications out there that a person can take to lower their high blood pressure, but there are actually natural ways to lower blood pressure. A lot of the natural ways to lower blood pressure all depend on your mood. Here are a few ways you could lower your high blood pressure naturally.
1. Exercising more could help lower your blood pressure. Exercising is actually a good stress reliever for a lot of people, because it will allow your body to calm down and relax, and reduce your systolic blood pressure. Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day can lower your blood pressure significantly.
2. Eating too much salt can raise your blood pressure, but eating bananas, which contain potassium, will actually counter act the sodium. There are other foods that are a great natural way to lower blood pressure, such as baked potatoes, nonfat or low-fat yogurt, and orange juice.
3. Smoking puts people at a higher risk for hypertension. Quitting smoking can help you lower your high blood pressure greatly, as well as helping you feel better all around.
4. Another great natural way to lower blood pressure, as well as put you in a better mood, is to lose weight. You don’t have to lose a significant amount of weight, just by losing a few extra pounds you can drop your blood pressure substantially. If you happen to be overweight or even considered obese, losing a few pounds can help get your blood pressure under control.
5. Drinking one alcoholic drink a day can have good heart health benefits, but it can also raise your blood pressure. However, if you drink your alcoholic beverage with a meal the food can counter act the effects of alcohol on your blood pressure.
6. Managing your stress level is a huge key to managing and lowering your blood pressure. Since people deal with stress in different ways, there are a number of things a person can do to lower their stress levels, such as yoga, exercising, or meditating.