Are you taking arginine supplements to improve heart health? If you are a woman suffering from postmenopausal depression, it is extremely important that you are being proactive with treatments like arginine supplements to combat cardiovascular disease – because this condition increases risk of heart disease! Learn about taking arginine supplements for heart health, how depression impacts your cardiovascular system, and ways to improve your wellness.
How Postmenopausal Depression Impacts Your Heart
From information gathered from The American Journal of Public Health, it is clear that women with postmenopausal depression are at a higher risk of heart disease and diabetes. This group includes those who take antidepressant medications or suffer from unmedicated depression. These women have shown to have a higher BMI (Body Mass Index), inflammation throughout the body, and a larger waist circumference – all of these factors are known to increase risk for diabetes and heart disease. Depression symptoms are also associated with increased levels of insulin and dangerous insulin resistance.
Dealing with Depression Naturally
Lowering your heart disease risk factors may require reducing depression symptoms with natural treatments – remember that women who take antidepressants are at the same risk as those who are not medicated for postmenopausal depression.
Reduce or eliminate depression symptoms with these natural habits:
• Avoid depressive triggers such as stress, unhealthy eating, lack of exercise, and drug & alcohol use.
• Make sure you are getting the adequate amount of sleep without sleeping too much – ideally, you should be getting 6-8 hours of sleep in every 24 hour period.
• Go outside and take in the fresh air and sunlight – UV therapy has shown to have benefits for people with depression.
• Stay busy and don’t allow down time in your life – idle time has shown to increase depression symptoms.
• Volunteer your time for the greater good – people who do charity work report having a higher satisfaction with their life.
• Find creative outlets which will allow you to express your worries and what bothers you in a healthy way, like painting or writing.
• Talk therapy has shown to be highly effective in the natural treatment of depression.
Arginine Supplements to Boost Your Heart Health
Anyone concerned about heart health can benefit from arginine supplements, but it is especially important to take arginine supplements if postmenopausal depression puts you in a higher heart risk category. Arginine supplements work in many different and important ways to improve your overall wellness. More specifically, most people take arginine supplements to protect their heart. Arginine supplements work to lower blood pressure and LDL cholesterol, improve kidney function (which flushes the body of toxins), and increases blood flow to the heart and other vital organs. These arginine supplements work in similar ways as prescription medications do, except without the nasty side effects – the side effects of certain heart related prescription medications even include the onset or worsening of depression!