High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a health condition that affects millions of individuals in the U.S. and around the world. This condition can cause untold adverse effects to your health, including heart attack and stroke. While there are a number of medications on the market to keep blood pressure in check, there are a number of natural remedies, such as arginine supplements to name one, which can accomplish the same results without the pharmaceutical side effects.
In fact, consider the following tips on how to lower your blood pressure without the need to use medication:
- Lose those extra pounds: If you lose weight, not only will you feel better and have more energy to be more active, but your heart won’t need to work near as hard as it is now. This means lowered blood pressure readings and a better overall feeling of good health.
- Get more active – NOW: The more active you are, the lower your blood pressure will be, as well. If you can manage to work in 30 minutes of exercise three to five times per week, you will see the results both on the scale and on your blood pressure cuff.
- Utilize supplements: There are a variety of supplements designed to contribute to better overall health. For example, arginine supplements can both help you lose weight and help to lower blood pressure naturally. The magic behind the use of arginine supplements comes from the fact that this naturally-occurring amino acid helps to increase circulation around the heart, thus allowing more blood to flow easily through its chambers, making the heart work much more efficiently.
- Lower your sodium intake: Sodium levels in your blood will also contribute to higher blood pressure, so avoid salt intake and watch your diet as some foods can be sneakily high in sodium without you even realizing it.
- Eat nutritiously: This is another way to get healthy in general and lower your blood pressure. Look for foods high in nutrients and amino acids (you can take arginine supplements and eat plenty of foods that have arginine in them) and make sure to eat a balanced diet with plenty of fresh, green vegetables, fruits for your desserts in place of fatty choices and lean cuts of meat that provide plenty of protein. This kind of balance in your diet will ensure lower blood pressure and leave you feeling better in general throughout the day.
Following these tips, and utilizing arginine supplements as part of a healthy vitamin and supplement regimen, are all good ways to ensure that your blood pressure stays at a safe level and propels you towards good health for years to come.