It is important to be aware of what foods are good and bad for your heart health. Knowing what foods to avoid can help you improve your heart health and avoid the chances of developing heart disease.
1. One of the most important things to eliminate from your diet, are foods that contain trans fat. Trans fat is known to raise bad levels of cholesterol known as, LDL, and lower the good levels of cholesterol known as, HDL.
2. Things like butter, mayo, and sour cream are high in saturated fats, which are also bad for your heart health. Saturated fats are also known for increasing bad levels of cholesterol in your body.
3. Hot dogs, bacon, and sausage are foods that you will want to avoid. These foods contain large amounts of sodium and preservatives that have been linked to heart problems.
4. It is very important to avoid fast food and fried foods because of the large amounts of saturated fats and sodium.
5. Cut back on your salt intake. High consumptions of salt can raise your blood pressure, which is bad for your heart.
6. Cut back on added sugars because large amounts of sugar can lead to high blood pressure and heart disease.
7. Foods such as, asparagus and sweet potatoes can help you prevent heart disease because of the level of nutrients they contain.
8. Fresh produce is good for your heart health because they help clear your bloodstream and protect you blood vessels.
9. Other foods such as, nuts, beans, grains, and good fatty fish, containing Omega-3, help protect your heart as well.
10. Almonds, walnuts, tuna, and oatmeal also contain Omega-3 fatty acids help keep your cholesterol and blood pressure levels lowered.
11. Berries help prevent cardiovascular disease by lowering inflammation around your heart.
12. Vegetables like broccoli, kale, and spinach also help with reducing inflammation, as well as contain detoxifying nutrients to cleanse the body.
13. Avocados are a good source of heart-healthy fats that contain monounsaturated fats that help lower cholesterol levels.